Advanced Fly Casting School was born in Rome during the year 1987.
Tuition is strictly managed by his founder Piero Letizia, a professional internationally.
The technique taught is the “PL & EC” (Progressive Lines & Easy Casting) a evolutionary method which allows to easily make complex casts and strategic presentations.
By way of example, the basic elements are mentioned below
Accurate selection of equipment with particular reference to the relationship between the ROD (Action – Length – Power), Line (Profile – Weight) and Tippet (Measure – Power), all of them related to the fishing spot and type of fishing
Progressive acceleration during the back and forward casting actions (never exceeding the sufficient power to use), working on a wide and straight plane, high in the back and low in the front, as to present first the fly, than the tippet and at last the fly-line
Casting actions under control of tight lines without ellipses
Different use of the line’s handling hand (always in a high position between 09-10-11 time) in relation with the casting distance need:
- Up to mt. 20-22 – maintaining the tension between the wider ring of the hand
- Over mt. 20-22 – starting the use of the specific double acceleration in wide spaces, from 11-10-09 to 06-05, depending on the speed requested
Grip the rod handle with three main fingers with support of the palm. Main functionality:
- Thumb – apply power and stop the Rod on vertical position for the control of narrow loos (micro-loops)
- Middle and Index – perfect grip of the handle to manage the rod in different positions to generate different and complex presentations
- Palm – as pin function, it’s the way for an additional increase of power
Additional Casting Action to generate complex presentations as the generation of the “Mending in the Air” which is the first modern evolution in fly-casting by the signature of AFCS